Choosing the right Cold Chain Solution
Passive v Active Containers for Temperature-Controlled Logistics
Download white paper
As pharmaceutical supply chains become far more complex and truly global in nature, the common goal for all stakeholders is the management of risk and cost to ensure lifesaving pharmaceuticals maintain optimal quality until they reach the end patient.
With an industry desire for access to more honest and impartial White Papers that provide insight rather than sales pitches, Tower listened to its customers and sponsored the first of a sequence of whitepapers, collaborating with industry experts from the airline, pharmaceutical and logistic sectors to discuss the changing face of the industry, the new challenges that are arising in delivering vaccines to remote areas and how that will affect the choice of Passive v Active temperature controlled containers within the pharmaceutical cold chain sector.
Questions covered within this White Paper:
- What impacts your choice when choosing between Passive v Active temperature-controlled packaging
- What benefits do you find with Passive v Active?
- What is your own experience using different types of containers and the variety of results you personally have obtained (risk, compliance, reliability)?
- How open minded are customers when choosing temperature-controlled containers; what attributes are they looking for (weight, cost of rental, compliance times, availability, return logistics)?
- Do you think there will be a shift towards Passive containers in developing countries when moving vaccines to more remote locations?
Henry Moran, Angus Barrett, and Tower Cold Chain
- Brendan Beech: Director – Global Networks and Business Development at Maltacourt
- Darren Sherlock: Regional Operations Manager, Rest of World at Virgin Atlantic Cargo
- Don Riach: Director, UK Operations at Biocair
- Jeff Back: Global Quality Supply Chain, Head of the Americas at Sanofi
- Kamil Rarak: Special Cargo Product Development and Training Manager/ Head of PharmaOPS Team – IATA CEIV Pharma
- Maik Slipjen: Value Stream Management at The Janssen PharmaceuticalCompanies of Johnson & Johnson
- Michal Grochowski: Global Head of Cargo, LOT Polish Airlines
- Mike Meakin: Vice President Global Quality Regulatory & Compliance at DHL Supply Chain
- Roger Chew: Global Sales Director at SFS Pharma